Sunday, March 30, 2014

Activity #12: Using WebAnywhere

WebAnywhere is a web-based program that allows the user to be read websites. I found it very difficult to use. I didn't think it was user-friendly at all. If I additionally had any sort of disability, I would find it beyond frustrating. I think it's a good idea, but needs some improvements to be used properly. It was hard to understand at times and items were left out during the readings.

I did like the shortcuts available to the user including pausing the speaker and using the arrow keys to move up and down the page. I thought the computerized voice was difficult to understand. I tried using it in two different browsers and found neither one helpful or better than the other. I just kept thinking there has to be a better option!! It seems with all of the technological advances available to us, there ought to be a better program for those who need adaptive help on the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment